March 12, 2011 by Aisyah H. Zaelani
I don’t know if I’m at the right age to share you about the life lessons I’ve got for almost 24 years. But, I’m doing it anyway…
- We NEED to be always ready for separations. Even though I am a believer that “people come and go like seasons” and “all things come to an end”, somehow separations still hurt I know. But when you are READY, it should be easier.
- Don’t hate people who hurt you no matter how bad they deserve it. Agony and vengeance will only hurt you more. Let them go and move on. Let time heals the wounds. Congratulations now you are wiser! 🙂
- There’s no such hard work that is futile. Enjoy doing it and have faith in it. There will come the time. Success doesn’t come to pessimists.
- BRAVADO is the biggest temptation and the major cause of all failures.
- Motivation comes in short bursts. Act while it’s hot. (quoted from this blog post) — And somehow it’s so TRUE!
- Always think that you’re alone. The fact that rejections are irritating, better to try it by yourself with all the power and strength you have. That way, people won’t see you as a dependent person.
- You are your best motivation. Don’t expect people to motivate you. It is your life and future that you’re dealing with..
- Broaden your network enough until you are sure you’re seeing the world. Otherwise, don’t stop make new acquaintances.
- Mind is the wildest substance. Make sure you feed it well with good things and knowledge.
- Chances often come in your life. Sometimes you just don’t see it come. Hence, heads up!
I found this quote is also very inspiring:
I’ve learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them, and less to do with how many years you have lived.